Forty Day Project. I will point out something I learned, my favorite posts and yours, based on site traffic stats. Then, I will compare the finished project with the goal or vision I had at the beginning. That all sounds so analytic, but hopefully it will be fun.
Day 38 blew me away. I was speechless because of the sweet things Jilly said in her second guest post of the series. There's no doubt that our marriage is special and was ordained in Heaven. If I had it to do all over again, I would. My Jilly is amazingly awesome and I love her more than words can say.
Day 30 was a video blog entry or vlog. I recorded it on the way to work one morning after Jill and I had been talking about childhood influences. Ted Stolpe edited it for me and his work was wonderful. I just asked to have something on the front and back of the video to ease it in and out. Ted went way beyond that. Thanks again, Ted.
After Day 1, which I linked to each daily post, Day 18 got the most hits.
The purpose of this series was to satisfy the calling I felt God was giving me to blog daily for forty days. At this point, I feel it was completed, but it was certainly more than just writing forty posts. Facing my fears of transparency and judgement has shown me that people are interested in what we've experienced; many of you said so. Additionally, I learned that trying to do this or anything worthwhile by myself will lead to mistakes and to poor quality work. When I asked for help, the result was way better than expected. Jill helped me a lot with honest and constructive proofing and editing.
It was a lot of fun to look through old photos and videos. Our kids looked at them too and asked a lot of questions about who what when and where. It was great remembering some of the blessings I had forgotten and talking with Jill about stuff we've been through.
Thank you for participating by reading. If you commented here, on Facebook, or on Twitter, thank you. The encouragement was motivating.
This ends the intentional daily blogging, at least for a while. Be on the lookout for life as it happens in The Brasfield Nation, here on Dadofmykids Blog.
This is # 40 of Forty Days, the last post of the series. Learn more here.
- Day 40 of #40Days - Life, as it Happens.
- Day 39 of #40Days - The Chase
- Day 38 of #40Days - Letter From Jill
- Day 37 of #40Days - Happy All the Time.
- Day 36 of #40Days - Highly Favored.
- Day 35 of #40Days - prison babies.
- Day 34 of #40Days - Prayer Request
- Day 33 of #40Days - Once a Brasfield...
- Day 32 of #40Days - Altered State of Consciousness...
- Day 31 of #40Days - Guest Post by Jilly.
- Day 30 of #40Days - Snatched
- Day 29 of #40Days - The Chair
- Day 28 of #40Days - Little miracles.
- Day 27 of #40Days - "I want bawoooony and keppup."...
- Day 26 of #40Days - Where is her face?!?!
- Day 25 of #40Days - "Wonder Boy"
- Day 24 of #40Days - Right on time.
- Day 23 of #40Days - "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!"
- Day 22 of #40Days - Can we love them?
- Day 21 of #40Days - It turned pink.
- Day 20 of #40Days - He remembers how bad it tasted...
- Day 19 of #40Days - God smiled on us.
- Day 18 of #40Days - "Where'd you get that? Morrist...
- Day 17 of #40Days - The Days Ahead
- Day 16 of #40Days - "Silent Night, Deadly Night"
- Day 15 of #40Days - Legacy
- Day 14 of #40Days - Paradise Lost
- Day 13 of #40Days - "This is bigger than us."
- Day 12 of #40Days - Safety First
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (23)