Monday, September 05, 2011

Day 16 of #40Days - "Silent Night, Deadly Night"

"Are you warm yet?"

"I'm okay", she answered.

I thought it was getting hot in my little Dodge Colt.  But I didn't want Jill to be cold.  It was, after all, only our first date.  November 2, 1986.


Our friend Nick Roberts was having some people over to his house after the Sunday evening service.  I asked Jill if she would "do me the honor of accompanying me".

Since the weather was cold, the car took a few minutes to heat up.  So, I asked again, "Are you warm yet?"

"I'm okay", again.

She must be cold-natured.

Nick asked us to help pick out a movie at the rental store.  Having no idea what to pick, we somehow decided on "Silent Night, Deadly Night".  Jill said she liked horror films.  It was rated R.  We assumed the rating was due to violence.  No big deal.

Beginning to sweat in the car, again I asked, "Are you warm yet?"

Jill, secretly sweating, "I'm okay."

Dang, this girl has some serious issues with being cold.


When it got to the point that I had a hard time breathing because it was SOOOO HOTTTT in the car, I finally turned the fan down to low.  Later, like after we'd been dating a while, I learned she was just trying to be polite, too.  We almost "polited" ourselves into heat stroke.

At the party, Nick put in the movie.  Picture a room full of holiness kids, watching a horror flick, with the lights dimmed.  FLASH! Boobs on the TV.

"Uh! Oh!"

"She picked out this movie!"

"We didn't know this would happen!"

As you can see, it was a first date that would never be forgotten.

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.

God bless,
Dadofmykids

This is post # 16 of 40 Days.  Learn more here.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive