Intentionally blogging every day forces me to come up with something to write. Today, I feel kind of strange. I sat down here with two or three ideas to choose from and prayed that God would guide me. As I started to write about the time when God turned my head like a magnet to steel, I felt a "No". I could tell you about the multiple trips we took to get Kaymie from her birth mom only to be let down, but "No", or about my neice Falon who suffered life changing injuries at the age of three, but "No".
If you've been following my forty day project, then you know about my brother in law who was injured. He is scheduled to have surgery this morning. With his situation still fresh on our family, my step sister was admitted to the hospital in very bleak condition. Both are sad situations which are probably influencing my mood.
I prefer to be positive and up beat most of the time, but sometimes that isn't reality. Being real is part of the goal or process of this blog series. I want you to know that if you are feeling less than "super-dee-duper" then you don't have feel guilty about it.
Some people, especially Christians, either act like or actually say that if you aren't full of joy unspeakable then you should repent. This idea of being "happy all the time" (isn't that a line from a kids Sunday school song?) puts a requirement on people to act happy even when they aren't. You may not think anything about revealing yourself to others, or being transparent, but that doesn't come easy for me. I am a genuinely happy and positive person, but have bad days too.
Having a bad day or going through a rough spell, which we used to call a "trial", is normal and expected. Abnormal is the one who pretends everything is all right. Am I making any sense here?
I'll get out of this funk in a few minutes, probably.
I love you all.
This is post # 37 of Forty Days. Learn more here.
PS. That's just a random video I found of the Sunday school song referenced above.
- Day 40 of #40Days - Life, as it Happens.
- Day 39 of #40Days - The Chase
- Day 38 of #40Days - Letter From Jill
- Day 37 of #40Days - Happy All the Time.
- Day 36 of #40Days - Highly Favored.
- Day 35 of #40Days - prison babies.
- Day 34 of #40Days - Prayer Request
- Day 33 of #40Days - Once a Brasfield...
- Day 32 of #40Days - Altered State of Consciousness...
- Day 31 of #40Days - Guest Post by Jilly.
- Day 30 of #40Days - Snatched
- Day 29 of #40Days - The Chair
- Day 28 of #40Days - Little miracles.
- Day 27 of #40Days - "I want bawoooony and keppup."...
- Day 26 of #40Days - Where is her face?!?!
- Day 25 of #40Days - "Wonder Boy"
- Day 24 of #40Days - Right on time.
- Day 23 of #40Days - "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!"
- Day 22 of #40Days - Can we love them?
- Day 21 of #40Days - It turned pink.
- Day 20 of #40Days - He remembers how bad it tasted...
- Day 19 of #40Days - God smiled on us.
- Day 18 of #40Days - "Where'd you get that? Morrist...
- Day 17 of #40Days - The Days Ahead
- Day 16 of #40Days - "Silent Night, Deadly Night"
- Day 15 of #40Days - Legacy
- Day 14 of #40Days - Paradise Lost
- Day 13 of #40Days - "This is bigger than us."
- Day 12 of #40Days - Safety First
- ▼ September (29)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (23)