Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Brasfield Nation versus Paper Targets

This was our first time at the firing range.  Each one got to shoot a .38 Special from a distance of 15-20 feet.  The older kids shot from 20 feet, while the younger ones from 15 feet.  We had a lot of fun, although I admit there were a couple of our kids who made me nervous on the lane.  

I am very proud of their shooting abilities and their attention to safety.


Tilley took this picture of Tucker taking his first shot.  This was on the computer monitor just outside the firing range.  

Notice the nice shot groups; one group at the center of the chest, the other at the base of the head.  Nice shooting, Tucker!!

Riley was next.  We went in order by age; oldest to youngest.  I was probably telling him to keep it pointed down range at all times.  It looks like a security video from a gas station.

I took this one of Tilley.  They allowed me to have two kids at a time inside the range.  
Since Asher was paired with Tilley, I sat with Asher while Tilley was shooting.  Safety First!!

Asher won his battle against the paper man.  He was aiming for the head, obviously.

KK is such a girl.  She asked me to take the first shot for her.  Then another.  Then all of them.
Whatever gets the job done, KK.  Great job!!

I wish I could have taken a picture of Levi wearing his adult sized safety glasses and ear muffs, but
it wouldn't have been safe to let him hold the gun by himself while I took his picture shooting it.  So, we kind of did this together, with him standing on the bench, my arms around him, both of our fingers on the trigger at the same time.  

In my high school days, I was on the competition rifle team in JROTC.  I was blessed to win the Memphis City Champion award my senior year, among other awards.  We shot .22 caliber long rifles.  I loved it, but haven't been on a firing range since then, until today.

The kids are already asking me if we can go back next Saturday and do it again.  It was another good day for The Brasfield Nation.

God bless you all,
Dadofmykids

PS.  I want to dedicate this post to Jilly's papaw, who passed away last night.  What a strong man of God, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.  His example is worth following.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

Blog Archive