Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pool Problem, Fixed.

I took the whole valve assembly off the filter and then opened it up. What I found was that I had not lubricated the gasket inside the valve head. In addition there was some junk inside there from where I has vacuumed the pool. The junk, mostly leaf fragments, got up under the gasket and caused the leaking. With proper lube, that shouldn't happen again.

From now on...
I will open up the valve head every spring when I open the pool. I will lube the valve gasket and make sure it is clean. This should prevent problems in that area. It really isn't hard to do.

Levi played in my truck while I worked on the valve assembly. I pulled the truck down to the pool so I could use the tailgate as a workbench. Check out the short video I took on my cell phone.

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing
God Bless,

1 comment:

Jill said...

Glad that pool problem is fixed.

As always, I love the video of my sweet baby boy. And, I love YOU!

Search This Blog


Blog Archive