Thursday, November 18, 2010

If this doesn't scare you a little, then there must be something right with you.

"There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs."
Luke 12:2-3  (New International Version)

Looking back at a specific period of time in my life, I can remember hearing this passage over the radio. And it scared the hound out of me. I was involved in sin and I knew it. I just didn't know how to stop it. Or maybe I wasn't motivated to stop it.

Nowadays, when I hear or see this, that uncomfortable feeling comes back. "Is there anything hidden in there you'd be ashamed to be made public?" I ask the man in the mirror.

Well, of course there is. There is none without sin, except Christ.

But he was talking about hypocrisy.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers