Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dates don't usually mean much to me.

I lasted most of the day without any fallout.  But during supper, I drifted off to the land where dreams happen while you're awake.  When Jill called me back from there, I realized I had been bitten by the memory bug.  It's been four years ago today.

I was remembering how my oldest brother drove to our house the night Georgia died.  He was simply there for me.  He said some cool stuff that night.  But what he said is not what I remember most.  I mostly remember him being there to hold me up emotionally.  And I needed to be held up.

You could say I am guilty of staying here in my own little world most of the time.  Not that my world is so little, but I try to stay here anyway, with my lovely wife (eye-candy-Jilly), our kids, my co-workers, clients and friends.  In other words, I don't talk to my "extended" family as much as I should.  That included my brothers.

Scott, you're my brother.  Thank you for being there for me that night.  I love you.  I hope to talk with you on the phone this week.

Dates don't usually mean much to me, but this day is hard to forget.

God Bless,
Dadofmykids
 
--
Andy Brasfield


"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me"  Mark 9:37  (NIV) 





No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers